DENT Instruments, a global leader in the design and manufacture of power and energy measurement instruments, seeks a Director of Sales and Marketing to join its Sales & Marketing team. The position will be based at the company's Bend, OR headquarters.
The candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to develop plans and achieve sales and profit goals. As a member of the DENT management team, partner and collaborate with other department leaders to develop and implement strategic priorities for the business. Maintain overall responsibility for all sales and marketing operations. Monitor staffing level and talent, structure, workflow, competencies and department budget to effectively support the business.
- Develop strategic/operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with goals and objectives.
- Align and influence function, product and customer segment resources to ensure that objectives are met and market needs addressed successfully by the company.
- Conduct business reviews with leadership to ensure performance.
- Communicate intricate details as well as high level strategies to corporate leadership team.
- Develop and manage annual budgets.
- Set goals for the sales and marketing team, manage execution, measure and report results.
- Select, manage, evaluate, discipline and develop staff. (Currently 3)
- Develop and maintain strong cooperative relationships with the appropriate level representatives at distributor and sales partner organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers at key accounts as appropriate. Travel as required.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Remains abreast of current market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Develop and monitor the marketing communications program to successfully position the company and products, build brand awareness and market share in key markets.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending conferences, reviewing professional publications and participating in industry specific trade groups.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline. Masters preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years' experience in sales and business development, preferably in electrical test, HVAC, or related equipment.
- Must have a proven, successful track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets in competitive markets.
- Will have experience managing an international distributor sales network; internal sales & marketing staff; and participated as part of a management team.
- Must be able to travel as needed to meet with key accounts, sales partners, OEMs, attend trade shows, etc.